Just with any other complex technology today, there are moments when you run into problems with your Shaw PVR. Shaw Direct is committed to providing you with help in troubleshooting your PVR. We shall look at a few of the most common issues that clients report while using a Shaw PVR. They include:
• The screen is black. You will see a black screen instead of the TV images. This can carry on when you change the channels; however, you will not be able to see the information of the channel that you have selected from the Interactive On-Screen Guide. To rectify this issue, try restarting the receiver.
• Upcoming recordings do not appear in the list. Some of your recordings may fail to appear. Check if the recording settings are correct and up-to-date.
• Lost signal when changing TV channels. When you are changing the TV channels, you might get a lost signal message which will appear for several seconds before the channel comes on. To correct this, press the SAT button on the remote control, and navigate to the GUIDE button. The receiver which may have been recently unplugged or reset will function well after 2 to 3 minutes.
• Missing PVR program. At times, you may get that what you have just recorded is not found in your PVR list. Check your TV settings and confirm that everything is correct. Restart the receiver and see if that works.
• Multiple records. Sometimes, you may want to record a single edition of program weekly, but it ends up recording on several channels. The services of the Shaw PVR can typically be interrupted by error or power outages. This can affect your recording efforts. To initiate new services or restore regular viewing, you can submit a signal refresh request.
• Instant PPV. When you connect your phone to the receiver, your home phone will cease to work. This is a result of connecting the phone to the Ethernet connection on the receiver’ back. The ‘TELCO’ mode solves all your issues. When you connect to the receiver, your home phone “out of hook”, meaning that no calls will be received or made as the phone cable is erroneously attached to the Ethernet jack. If you intend to resolve this issue, then you will simply need to move the cable to the ‘TELCO’ jack from the Ethernet connection. The TELCO jack is situated near the power connection on the receiver’s back.
If you are having issues with your Shaw PVR that you are not able to fix, give Advanced Tech a call at 1 (800) 689-3434 or (506) 472-1800.